Tuesday, September 1, 2009

They've changed the faucets!

Walked into the bathroom here at work. All of the handles on all of the sinks have been changed. That's just weird.

In other news, California's still on fire, just watched Bakemonogatari Ep 8 (very strange and hard to follow, but absolutely amazing nonetheless), and might get some feedback on my demo reel from Kyle Hebert. That'd be cool. :)

Here be the post-workshop thoughts!

August 23, 2009
Wow. Abso-bloody-lutely the best day of my LIFE! Tony was awesome. If I ever get directed by anyone, I hope it's Tony. He really knows how to help an actor pull out their best for the scene.

The workshop was wonderfully informative. For the most part, a lot of the physical and anatomical aspects of what he told us were things that I already knew. But I can definitely see how that information would help someone who WASN'T familiar with it, so it was all good.

Probably the best part of the day was behind the mic experience. Having a director lead you in the right direction and an engineer to line you up and make sure everything is as amazing as it can be is so liberating as an actor that I can't even begin to describe it. When I'm working out of my house, there's little-to-no interaction with the director, and I think that that may be why AVAs can sound so amateur in comparison to pros. I honestly believe that a director can make or break an actor's performance.

I got to throw my voice behind the character Moondoggie from Eureka 7 (throwing a tantrum about everyone loving Renton more than him [totally right up my alley]). I also got to voice Albert from Gankutsuou (CURSE YOU JYB) opposite to another of our workshop's members who voice The Count. That scene was fun. I got to play someone of upper-class status with a generally innocent character type. That was very nice.

Overall, I loved it. I'll be doing the Intermediate level next chance I get. :)


The end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment