Monday, August 31, 2009

Where'd those days go?!

So, it's been a few days, huh? Well, long story really really short, California's on fire, I've been busy, and I released my first ever production! I scripted, mixed, AND directed this sucker, so I hope it came out alright. You can see it in the side bar, or (if you're in the future when the side bar clip has been changed), check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iz_IQvWy50.

Now, on to the promised pre-workshop thoughts!

August 22, 2009
I arrive at the building around 9:25 AM. It's not even close to what I expected. As was the JVTA building, it is a small, unmarked building with limited parking in the area. But unlike the JVTA, I know that these guys have equipment inside that is infinitely more useful than anything I've used up to this point. And if there's one thing I've learned by now, it's not to leave things up to outside appearances.

Luckily, today my friend Juan [name changed for anonymity] is also taking the workshop. I'm all for meeting new people, but there's something uniquely comforting about knowing that I'll be familiar with at least one person who's there for the same reasons I am. He and I have known each other for a while now, so hopefully we'll both benefit from this workshop.

I kind of know what to expect, but at the same time, I'm hoping to be surprised. I'm going in with an open mind, and I'm ready to learn. It'd be really awesome if I get discovered here.

9:35, I'm asked to move my car. So I park elsewhere and head in.

Once inside, I am again surprised. Red velvet couches greet those who wait, neatly placed in the corner of the entryway. The "front desk" is a small computer desk with an iMac in front and the "Land of the Rising Sun" behind a larger Vizio screen in the back. The building is large, spacious, and quite pleasant. A rock pond sits on the side lined by small plants.

I ran out to grab my water bottle, which I had conveniently left in my car, and on my return, I see Tony.

And now the day begins.


So there you go. Those were my thoughts as we started the workshop. Hopefully I'll have some thoughts from the post-workshop rush tomorrow for you. :)
Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment