Thursday, August 27, 2009

So here I am...

Well. Hello there, everyone. I'm new to this blogging thing, so please, everyone be kind.

Let me just introduce myself here. My name is Mark, and every where on the internet I can be found under the moniker "Akumaryu." I'm a music fan, and anime fan, and a fan of a lot of other things, too. Probably my biggest love in life, though, is Voice Acting.

Now, if you've been on the internet for a while, you'll probably think "Oh jeez, here comes another one of THOSE people." But I hope you'll stick around and give me a chance.

See, I eat, sleep, drink, and breathe voice acting right now. Seriously. I wake up in the morning and think about it. I go to bed thinking about it. And it even invades my thoughts at some of the most inopportune moments.

I've been doing amateur voice work through the Voice Acting Alliance (awesome sight, check it out if you're at all interested in voice acting [recently suggested in a workshop by Tony Oliver!]). I've done a lot of fandubs (SHH!!), a few radioplays, and a couple of other things here and there. Chances are if you just run over to Google and/or Youtube and type in Akumaryu, you'll find stuff featuring my terrible voice and shoddy acting, so I won't do any plugs (just yet).

Lately, I've been taking some serious steps into getting involved with voice acting on a professional level. This, as I'm sure some of you know, is a terrible idea. But hey, I can't do anything else. I mean, I can do other things, but none of them speak to me like this. Plus, I'm mediocre at everything I do. This is probably the only thing I can honestly feel I do well with

But enough about me. Let's talk about me. ^_^

I've attended a couple of workshops now, and plan to attend quite a few more. I've set a goal for myself to at least have worked on one professional project by this time next year. And to help chronicle my journey, I've decided to start up this little blog. So I'll be coming here pretty frequently to let everyone who's interested in how that journey is going. In the words of several great minds, "The journey is often more amazing than the goal." Or something like that.

Anyways, I hope not to bore everyone too much. This probably won't be one of those blogs where I start off all serious and after a couple of entries talking about what I had for lunch and how mad I am at Jamie or Bill. I'm not that kind of person. Though I won't promise there will be no randomness. I AM THAT kind of person. So be warned.

And that's pretty much all I have left to say. Next post will be a re-post of sorts. I'll be typing up something that was a pre-workshop thought blurb from just before my last workshop, the Adventures in Voice Acting Beginning workshop. Then, my post-workshop thoughts.

Yeah, like I said, kind of boring. ^_^

1 comment: